Couplers for acoustic emission, Piezotron, 1-channel / 5125C
The AE-Piezotron couplers of family Type 5125C process the high frequency output signals from family Type 8152C Kistler Piezotron acoustic emission sensors.
- Piezotron acoustic emission sensor high-frequency amplifier
- Rugged case, vibration-proof construction
- IP57 protection
- Type 5125C0 family conforms to EC ATEX directive 94/9/EC Ex ll 1GD and II 3G EN 60079-11 Ex ia IIC T6 and EN 60079-15 Ex nA llC T6
- Selectable gain: x1, x10, x100, x1000 (for Types 5125C2 and 5125C3)
- Selectable time constant: 0.12, 1.2, 12, 25 ms (for Types 5125C2 and 5125C3)
- Selectable filters: 1 ... 1000 kHz (for Types 5125C2 and 5125C3)
These AE-Piezotron couplers with built-in RMS converters and alarm switches have been specially designed for the processing of high frequency sound emission signals from Kistler AE-Piezotron sensors. In the case of standard Types 5125C2 and 5125C3, the unit is delivered with a gain set to x10, while the gain can be set with jumpers to x1, x100, or x1000 by the user depending on the signal amplitude. In the case of the IS/ATEX version, this must be configured upon order and cannot be changed later. The amplifier has two series of connected second order filters defaulted with a 50 kHz high-pass filter and a 1 MHz low-pass filter. In the cases of standard version Types 5125C2 and 5125C3, the low-pass and high-pass filters can be modified by plugging in alternate filters. The integration time constant of the RMS converter can be freely selected by the user and has a default value of 1.2 ms as delivered. In the case of the ATEX/IS version, the RMS time constant must be configured upon order and cannot be modified by the user.
ATEX/CSA Hazardous Area System: AE-Piezotron® Sensor
Non-hazardous and hybrid/mixed area system: AEPiezotron sensor and coupler