He/She will support the customer by performing the following duties:
- Respond to requests for technical, price, delivery, and service information.
- Identifies new application opportunities and unique market requirements, consults with the Sales Manager and Application Experts on special solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and existing products and applications.
- Assists in preparing special project proposals as required.
- Coordinates commitments with affected internal departments.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and existing products and applications, which will allow for developing of technical report and documentation of field service activities.
- Assist in developing training materials, application notes and technical presentations for sales team.
- Work closely with customers to identify needs and service problems.
Qualified Candidates will meet these competencies and requirements:
- Bachelor degree in engineering with 2-3 years’ experience or Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology with 5 years’ experience service engineering/technical support; or equivalent.
- Experience in the application of force, pressure and torque transducers, associated electronics, software and controls to measure, monitor and evaluate in the application areas addressed by those products.
- Knowledge in project management is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to travel to meet customer demands.
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is also pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances.
Kistler Instrument Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, military and/or veteran, status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Interested candidates may apply directly at our KIC Career Center or by contacting Human Resources by selecting the apply button below.