Process-integrated quality assurance is one of the key goals for any plastics processor aiming to achieve zero-defect production. "Short shots" occur when insufficient material is injected into the mold cavities. If users want to prevent this problem entirely, they have to optimize their process monitoring and control. How to achieve this? By continuous measurement and monitoring of the cavity pressure.
The ComoNeo process monitoring system uses the cavity pressure profile to monitor and evaluate the quality of an injection-molded part. On the basis of defined Evaluation Objects (EOs), the system analyzes the quality-relevant sections of the measurement curves. At the same time, ComoNeo verifies whether the curves pass through the evaluation objects as predefined. If not, ComoNeo automatically segregates the bad parts. The benefits: enhanced process reliability, optimized use of resources and sustainable process efficiency in your production facility.
Benefits of process monitoring
- Rapid overview of status and progress of production thanks to the integrated process dashboard
- Segregation of good and bad parts
- Manual monitoring of cavity pressure by setting Evaluation Objects (EOs)
- Automatic monitoring of cavity pressure with the EO Assistant
- Online quality prediction as an expert method for segregating scrap
To optimize monitoring and control of your processes, we offer you a host of practical features for ComoNeo: