The rapid progress in industrial manufacturing, as well as research and development, requires higher standards for accuracy than ever and time pressure is rising continuously.
By this development industrial test systems need to get more and more reliable and flexible. The current trends like E-mobility and reducing emissions for combustion engines strengthen this demand of the industry for higher precision in dynamic torque measurement that open up the way for innovative solutions.
Friction and Efficiency testing with KiTorq in Product Testing and Development
KiTorq torque flange system makes possible to determine the torque, speed and rotation angle simultaneously with high accuracy and dynamic response. Therefore, the system fulfills the main requirement for reliable calculation of the power for efficiency testing of combustion engines, electric motors, transmissions and pumps in the industrial product testing. Dynamic measuring of friction coefficients is another main field of usage in the initial quality control for end-of-line test stands in the gearbox production.
KiTorq: Key Features at a Glance
- Ringless stator design for simple installation
- Accuracy class: 0.05%
- Highly dynamic response with a limit frequency of 10kHz
- Free scalable second range between 10% and 100%
- Use of several rotors with one stator
- Speed and angle measuring with up to 8192 pulses per revolution
- Free SensorTool software for setup
- Optional fieldbus outputs for integration in industrial bus networks: PROFINET, PROFIBUS, CANopen, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP