The Sensor Design engineer is responsible to coordinate the design and development activities for assigned projects based on Kistler’s unique applications for piezoelectric, piezo resistive, and/or capacitive transducers products. He/she will meet customer requirements by performing the following duties:
- Develop product designs, fabrication processes, fixtures, etc. under the direction of the R&D Manager.
- Select materials, establish tolerance requirements and seek commonality in designs.
- Coordinates the technical requirements, design activities, fabrication activities, and verification activities for assigned projects.
- Establishes and monitors schedules and budgets to meet project needs including ensures that documentation is accurate and timely.
- Directs the efforts of engineering technician as appropriate.
- Selects materials and components for ease of machining, performance, compatibility, etc. including generating trade-off studies as required for conflicting requirements.
- Lead failure investigation and problem resolution for assigned products and associated equipment.
- Supports transition of new designs to manufacturing.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four year college with a minimum of 2 years accelerometer sensor experience; or Associates degree in an appropriate Engineering Discipline along with equivalent training and experience.
- Knowledge of design, manufacturing, and testing of sensors and associated instrumentation.
- Good computer aided design and engineering analysis skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other functional departments.
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is also pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances.
Kistler Instrument Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, military and/or veteran, status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Interested candidates may apply directly at our KIC Career Center or by contacting Human Resources by selecting the apply button below.