These days cylinder pressure indication is a firmly established aspect of engine development. A basic knowledge of use of the measuring chain as a whole and alternative ways of evaluating the obtained measurement data are the first step towards understanding the complex processes in an engine. The training conveys the fundamentals of cylinder pressure measurement and is also a useful refresher course.
- Principle of crank angle based cylinder pressure measurement and significance in engine development
- Required components: pressure sensor, amplifier, crank angle encoder and combustion analyzer
- Basic data acquisition terminology: crank angle resolution, sampling rate, memory and number of channels
- Method of determining zero level and top dead center
- Interfaces with systems on test stands and in vehicles
- Parameters from pressure trace and from simplified thermodynamics analysis
- Potential measuring errors and their effect on results
The course consists of lectures and a workshop in which typical measurement preparation tasks are carried out in the form of practical exercises.
General information on Kistler training courses
Please send your registration/cancellation in writing to the contact person below. As attendance is limited, please send us your registration at the earliest possbile opportunity. The course fee covers all seminar documentation and refreshments during the course.
You may cancel your attendance without incurring charges up to three weeks before the start of the seminar. In the event of later cancelllation or failure to attend, we will charge you the full course fee.
Kistler reserves the right to cancel or amend the course for compelling reasons.
Registration and further information
Mrs. Annette Rasch
Tel. +49 7031 3090 0
Test and development department employees who install, use or service indication measurement systems, and personnel responsible for evaluating the combustion data.