This course focuses on the handling of regular accelerometers. In the first part basics the functionality, mounting and demounting as well as potential mistakes by measuring vibration will be explained. An introduction about handling of measuring amplifiers will be given, too. During the practical session, accelerometers will be mounted and demounted. Physical effects due to different mounting conditions will be explained and demonstrated.
- Introduction to the principles and properties of accelerometers
- Possible sources of error during the measurement
- Causes of failure
- Guidelines for the handling of accelerometers
Practical section with exercises:
- Securing and release techniques
- Methodical testing of frequency response for selected securing methods
- Using suitable adhesives for securing the sensors, plus their removal and cleaning the sensors
- Noise and hum, avoidance of ground loops
- Limits of resolution when carrying out measurements
- Transverse acceleration effects
- Base strain and thermal effects
- Mass loading effects on structures
- Checking and calibration of sensors
- Handling of cables and their replacement on miniature sensors
Measurement equipment and sensors with which to conduct their own practical work will be available to the participants at various work stations manned by specialists. Participants also have the opportunity to use their own sensors for the tests.
General information on Kistler training courses
Please send your registration/cancellation in writing to the contact person below. As attendance is limited, please send us your registration at the earliest possible opportunity. The course fee covers all seminar documentation and refreshments during the course.
You may cancel your attendance without incurring charges up to three weeks before the start of the seminar. In the event of later cancelllation or failure to attend, we will charge you the full course fee.
Kistler reserves the right to cancel or amend the course for compelling reasons.
Registration and information
Mrs. Annette Rasch
Tel. +49 7031 3090 0