The main tasks of the HR Manager will include:
- Acts as the HR Business Partner to the Buffalo Office management team regarding employee relations, policy adherence and performance issues.
- Leads the HRIS system processes including Payroll processing, new employee data entry, report writing, Benefit Module, Carrier Connections, Applicant Tracking system, ACA, EEO and other required process and reporting.
- Administers KIC benefit programs for Health, Welfare and Flexible Benefits. Supports the development of Benefit enhancements and Open Enrollment Meetings. Presents options and ideas for improvement to the Head of HR- Americas.
- Manages legal compliance by identifying, administering and reporting on legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions, e.g. OSHA, EEO, and Wage and Hour regulations, ERISA, Workers Compensation, etc. This includes working with Finance Controlling to ensure employee data reporting is correct.
- Manages recruitment, development and retention of KIC Buffalo staff, Functional Grades (FG) FG1 through FG3 and Assist HR AMER in recruitment, development and retention of FG4 and above.
- Develops and implements of HR related training initiatives for the Buffalo NY Office. In addition, presents options and training ideas to the Head of HR- Americas. Includes the monitoring of compliance of all company designated HR training and other regulatory compliance programs.
- Support the development, implementation and administration of KIC policies, practices and programs related to Human Resources.
- Implementation and maintenance of Human Resource Programs, Special projects and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirments and desired competencies are:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures including employment, compensation, employee development, government regulations. With a Working knowledge of all aspects of Federal and State employment regulations as they pertain to Human Resources and payroll.
- Must be able to work with and maintain confidentiality with personal information and sensitive topics.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team situation.
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office; which includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience with increasing responsibility and/or equivalent. A Masters Degree in business, HR or Organizational Pyschology, HR cerfication and past supervisory experience is a plus.
- Physical requirements: Ability to sit at a desk 75% of the work day, ability to use a computer 70% of the work day. Some travel required to Novi, Michigan Technical Center approximately 3-4 times annually.
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is also pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances.
Kistler Instrument Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, military and/or veteran, status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Interested candidates may apply directly at our KIC Career Center or by contacting Human Resources by selecting the apply button below.