1. Main Tasks
- Operate manual, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and special purpose machines and machining centers to fabricate parts of various materials. Turning, milling, grinding, and specialty machines with little to no direction required from a Lead Machinist.
- Run multiple machines at the same time, stand alone or in a work cell environment.
- Machine and finish complex parts to high standards, of close dimensional tolerances and finishes with little or no direction required from a Lead Machinist.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machines such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth of cut and angle to obtain efficient production performance
- Develop special tools or adapt standard tools to meet the appropriate application
- Write and or edit machine programs as needed.
- Verify and self-inspects work to meet print specifications.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and sketches.
- Develop basic routers and ability to develop set-up sheets.
- Responsible for planning his /her daily machining work in order to be efficient and meet the required business demands.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Fabricate and design complex parts and fixtures from sketches.
- Perform established routine maintenance on machining equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills about various machining equipment and operations
- Must possess strong analytical skills to perform troubleshooting and failure investigations.
- In depth experience in the operation of measurement equipment.
- Team work orientated with abilities to be flexible, contribute, and adapt to the changing state of the art equipment and procedures.
3. Requirements Profile
- Associate’s degree or equivalent 2 year diploma from a community college or trade school plus 4 years’ experience or equivalent training and experience of 6 years.
- Physical requirements: ability to stand and walk 95% and sit at a computer or desk 5% of the workday.
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is also pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances.
Kistler Instrument Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, military and/or veteran, status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Interested candidates may apply directly at our KIC Career Center