Improve performance with reliable data to make the difference
The Kistler Performance Analysis System for Swimming PAS-S provides the key performance parameters to enhance elite swimmer’s skills in starts and turns effectively. The system delivers immediate feedback for coaches and athletes with reliable data – information which cannot be seen by eye. This detailed information gives coaches and athletes the basis to adapt the performance and technique directly in the next trial. As a result, the performance is effectively measured and improved in the daily training.
”The PAS- system can make you a better coach by giving you information you wouldn’t know about your athletes without it” - Kajo Kajevich, Assistant Coach, SwimMAC Team Elite, US
”It’s a really great piece of kit as it enables to deliver good evidence based coaching. The system catches an athletes metrics and then from that we can make informed decisions going forward.” – Catherine Gilby, Head of Sport Science and Medicine, British Para Swimming
”As the competition gets tougher and the field gets closer, it’s really essential to have those good starts and turns when trying to pick up medals at major championships and Kistler enables us to do that!“ – Andrew Mullen, Paralympic Medallist/European Champion, British Para Swimming
Find out more about how the British Team is using the Kistler System in their video
”The data generated by the PAS-S can't be captured with the naked eye because everything happens far too quickly and at the same time. That's why it's so important to have a tool like this one to optimize the start.” – Dave Burkhardt, Head of Junior and Youth National Team, Swiss Swimming
”Kistler PAS-S was used to assist my athlete in fine tuning their skills in the lead up to the Olympics. The ability for Kistler PAS-S to be able to provide immediate feedback to the athlete, scientist and I was a key feature in how I used it for skill development.“ – Australian Coach of an Olympic athlete, Swimming Australia
Start faster - Get in the game first
- A better starter can be over 0.5 seconds faster than a poorer starter over the first 15 meters therefore to start faster is crucial
- Up to 25% of race time consists of starting time
- Anthony Ervin had improved his start performance on the road to the Olympics and succeeded by winning the 50 meters freestyle race
Turn faster - Win time turn-by-turn
- In long distance races a shaving some time per turn can sum up to several seconds over the whole race
- Turns comprise up to 33% of total race time on short course (25 meters pool)
- To tur faster is especially beneficial in distance races
Improve faster - Analyze with ease
- Force measurement: The instrumented starting block and turning plate measure kinetic data for starts from block, backstroke starts and turns
- High-speed video capture: 5 High-speed cameras provide a complete visual image from start to 15 meters distance
- User Interface: Shows the video along with a biomechanical analysis of the kinetic and kinematic information in an easy way to understand, analyze and compare trials
Rely on 50 years of success in sports and performance analysis. We’ll be glad to assist you.
Find out more about other performance diagnostic products within Kistler.