The Field Service Engineer for our IPC Division will contribute to the efficient start-up of production lines, minimizing cost of service and support activities, as well as, reducing equipment downtime at customers. This position is key in driving business growth through building customer loyalty by offering service and support solutions.
He/She will support the customer by performing the following duties:
- On-site installation support, configuration/set-up and general maintenance tasks on electronic devises and electro-mechanical products and systems. Including calibrations on customer equipment, in house and on-site.
- Technical support and troubleshooting of PLC, Servo, Drive, Safety and Press control systems. Including diagnostic and repair/board replacement of electronic instrumentation/control devices.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and existing products and applications, which will allow for developing of technical report and documentation of field service activities.
- Assist in developing training materials, application notes and technical presentations for sales team.
- Work closely with customers to identify needs and service problems.
Qualified Candidates will meet these competencies and requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering with 2-3 years or Associates Degree in Engineering Technology with 5 years service engineering/technical support; or equivalent.
- Experience in the controls engineering and applications for machine tools and/or test equipment.
- Strong knowledge of electro-mechanical skills (ability to perform retro-fits/upgrades to machinery).
- Proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics and control diagrams.
- AC/DC (3 Phase) experience is desired
- Ability to travel to meet customer demands
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is also pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances.
Kistler Instrument Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, military and/or veteran, status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Interested candidates may apply directly at our KIC Career Center or by contacting Human Resources by selecting the apply button below.