About the Kistler Group
Kistler is the global leader in dynamic pressure, force, torque, and acceleration measurement. Cutting-edge technologies provide the basis for Kistler's modular systems and services.
Customers in industry, research, and development benefit from Kistler's experience as a development partner, enabling them to optimize their products and processes so as to secure sustainable competitive edge. Kistler plays a key role in the evolution of automobile production and industrial automation. Drawing on its vast application expertise − and always with an absolute commitment to quality − Kistler drives innovations ahead in areas such as lightweight construction, vehicle safety, emission reduction, and Industry 4.0.
The Kistler Group is an independent, owner-managed Swiss corporation. Some 1 500 employees at 56 facilities worldwide are dedicated to the development of new measurement solutions, backed by individual application-specific support at the local level. Ever since Kistler was founded in 1959, the company has grown hand-in-hand with its customers. In 2015, it posted revenue of USD 341 million, about 10% of which is reinvested in innovation and research – with the aim of delivering better results for every customer.
Facts and Figures
Economic performance indicators:
- Sales revenue, 2015: 329 MCHF; 308M EUR; 341M US Dollar
- Sales revenue, 2014: 319 MCHF; 263M EUR; 349M US Dollar
- Sales revenue, 2013: 285 MCHF; 231M EUR; 308M US Dollar
- Average growth in sales revenue for the last 3 years 5.7%
- Number of employees (FTEs) worldwide (End of 2015): 1 438
- Number of employees with academic qualifications: 750 (about 53 % of all employees)
- Number of trainees/apprentices: 53
Sales and production network:
- Number of Sales Centers: 26
- Number of Production Centers: 8
- Number of Tech Centers: 3
Key figures on research and development:
- 2015 investments in R&D (as percentage of sales revenue): 10
- Number of external R&D partners (universities and colleges): ≈ 30
- Number of patents applied for and granted: 389
- Number of R&D employees: 230