About the Kistler Group
Kistler is the global leader in dynamic measurement technology for measuring pressure, force, torque and acceleration. Cutting-edge technologies provide the basis for Kistler's modular solutions.
Customers in industry and science benefit from Kistler's experience as a development partner, enabling them to optimize their products and processes so as to secure a sustainable competitive edge. The owner-managed Swiss company's unique sensor technology plays a key role in the evolution of automobile development and industrial automation, as well as in numerous emerging sectors. With a broad knowledge of applications and an absolute commitment to quality, Kistler is making an important contribution to the further development of current megatrends. This includes topics such as electrified drive technology, automated and connected driving, emission reduction and Industry 4.0.
Some 1700 employees at 58 locations worldwide are dedicated to developing new solutions and offer customized service for individual applications. Since its founding in 1959, the Kistler Group has grown along with its customers. In 2016, Kistler posted revenue of USD 364 million, about 10% of which is reinvested in research and technology – with the aim of delivering better results for every customer.
Facts and Figures
Economic performance indicators:
- Sales revenue, 2016: 358 MCHF; 329M EUR; 364M US Dollar
- Sales revenue, 2015: 329 MCHF; 308M EUR; 341M US Dollar
- Sales revenue, 2014: 319 MCHF; 263M EUR; 349M US Dollar
- Average growth in sales revenue for the last 3 years 8%
- Number of employees (FTEs) worldwide (End of 2016): 1 634
- Number of employees with academic qualifications: 850 (about 54 % of all employees)
- Number of trainees/apprentices: 54
Sales and production network:
- Number of Sales Centers: 26
- Number of Production Centers: 9
- Number of Tech Centers: 4
Key figures on research and development:
- 2016 investments in R&D (as percentage of sales revenue): 10
- Number of external R&D partners (universities and colleges): ≈ 30
- Number of patents applied for and granted: 389
- Number of R&D employees: 300