With more automobiles on the roads and increasingly complex traffic conditions, the requirements for vehicle safety are becoming stricter as time goes on. Automobile manufacturers carry out extensive crash tests to take them nearer to Vision Zero and improve road traffic safety. Whether pre-crash, crash or post-crash systems are used, they all need state-of-the-art measurement technology to achieve these vital goals.
Saving lives day after dayVehicle safety tests with Kistler
Prepare and carry out vehicle crash tests – quickly and conveniently – with the know-how and measurement technology from Kistler
Kistler, one of the world's leading system providers, supplies solutions based on measurement technology for vehicle safety tests. Our range includes high-precision sensors, reliable data acquisition systems, crash test dummies (ATD), customized services and comprehensive application software for complex measurements in the automotive sector. Drawing on our expertise in measurement technology, we offer complete measurement systems for vehicle and component crash tests as well as specific solutions for customers in this segment.
Crash test measuring systems are often in use for 15 years or more. New or re-engineered components are frequently added during a system's lifetime, and the acquired data reaches enormous proportions – so the level of complexity increases. This is why Kistler always takes evolving requirements into account as it develops new components.
We don’t just sell products – we take over responsibility for all processes to make them run smoothly
Put your trust in the leading system provider for crash measurement technology. We are right by your side. A dedicated engineer will take care of your individual requirements. Our support includes on-site repairs, spare part services and calibration services for you.
Benefit from our crash test measuring systems
Our measurement technology plays a key part in preparing, performing and post-processing crash tests. Our measurement systems feature simple installation and intuitive operation. Automated setups save time and money, with fast results guaranteed. With precise measurement data as the basis, our innovative systems supply valuable knowledge for developers of vehicle safety systems.
- Comprehensive portfolio of systems for vehicle crash tests, sled tests and component tests
- Complete system solutions
- Reliable high-resolution data acquisition systems, such as KiDAU
- CrashDesigner as easy software that operates with all Kistler crash DAQ systems
- Flexible modification
- Complete documentation
Benefit from our integrated in-dummy data acquisition solutions (DTI)
Crash test dummies are used to measure acceleration, moments and forces that act on human beings subjected to accidents and detonations. We provide high-precision sensor technology and cutting-edge integrated data acquisition solutions for all types of dummies. An extensive offering of software makes crash test preparation and execution fast and convenient.
- Simple dummy positioning
- Zero volume DAQ inside dummies
- Built-in data acquisition does not influence dummy behavior because only one system cable is connected
- Very short setup times for crash test preparation due to integrated data acquisition systems
- Over 25,000 in-dummy data acquisition channels on the market
- Autonomous data acquisition
- CrashDesigner as easy software application that operates with all Kistler crash DAQ systems
- Complete documentation
Benefit from our crash sensors from Kistler
Precise measurements of acceleration, moments and forces in crashtest are essential for developing systems for active and passive vehicle safety. We offer cutting-edge vehicle sensor technology, high-precision load cell walls for measuring force and sensors for each type of dummy.
- Extensive portfolio of dummy sensors, such as load cells, accelerometers and displacement sensors
- Sensors can be fully integrated on request (in-dummy sensors DTI)
- Instrumented crash barriers compliant with NHTSA, IIHS and EuroNCAP
- Sensor technology for high-dynamic measurements
- Complete documentation
Benefit from our crash test dummies
Our portfolio of crash test dummies includes male, female and biofidelic test devices. The male and female crash test dummies are used worldwide by legal authorities, insurances and regulators, automotive manufacturers, safety and interior suppliers as well as manufacturers of child safety seats.
- DTI ready, up to 288 channels
- Configuration according to NHTSA or EuroNCAP possible
- Standard or optional instrumentation according to customer requirements
- THOR-50M dummy fulfills the requirements in accordance with TB026 and official supplier for dummy for EuroNCAP testing
- One-stop store – Dummy, instrumentation, in-dummy DTI technology - all from a single source