Optical sensor systems for measuring dynamic camber angle (DCA), 2-wheel-system with processor / DCA system for 2 wheel with processor
DCA system for 2 wheel with processor
The DCA system is designed for precise dynamic camber angle measurement relative to ground.
- Mounts easily onto the vehicle wheel with collets that clamp directly to the wheel nuts
- Collets are optionally available for most standard wheel types
- Online display and parameterization via KiCenter software
- A DCA processor supports two sensor systems
- Data output via CAN or USB
- For passenger cars and SUVs, truck version available on request
- Can be combined with RoaDyn wheel force transducers
The ability to measure dynamic camber angle accurately is crucial to effective suspension design. In passenger car and truck as well as racing applications, knowledge of camber angle is imperative. Due to forces created by driving maneuvers, static camber angle cannot be assumed to correspond to dynamic camber values, which change continually as the vehicle is driven. Using two ride height sensors of the HF series mounted on the vehicle wheel, accurate dynamic measurement of wheel camber relative to ground is at last a reality. The applied laser height sensors are proved to be accurate even in extreme environmental conditions, including intense sunlight, and high temperature and humidity, as found in India and Arizona. The DCA system acquires dynamic wheel camber angle by comparing the relative change in height between the two sensors, as measured from the optical plane of each sensor to the surface of the road or track. The system also provides the option to mount a Correvit SFII-P sensor for non-contact measurement of slip angle.