Optical laser height sensors, HF sensors / CHFA
HF laser height sensors are designed for non-contact distance measurement for vehicle dynamics testing.
- HF sensors with working ranges of 100 … 900 mm (depending on Type)
- Working ranges: 100 … 350 mm (HF-250C), 125 … 625 mm (HF-500C), 150 … 900 mm (HF-750C)
- Compact design
- For static and dynamic measurements
- Signal outputs: analog, CAN and RS-232C
- Negligible service and maintenance requirements
Kistler laser height sensors of the HF series use the principle of optical triangulation. A visible red laser is focused onto the road surface. Reflected light is collimated onto a linear CCD array. The distance to the object is calculated from the position of the light spot on the CCD array. The output of the sensor is directly proportional to the measured height. HF sensors can be mounted together with a Correvit SFII-P at the same holder, thus enabeling simultaneous measurement of sideslip angle and vehicle ride height relative to spring travel. HF sensors are configured with the Kistler Software KiCenter via the serial port (RS-232C).