Multi-measuring spark plugs / MMSP
This multi-measuring spark plug has an integrated high temperature miniature pressure sensor and fiber optic system for pressure indication and optical combustion analysis in gasoline engines.
- 8 optical windows in the combustion chamber
- Radial and/or axial direction of observation
- Integrated 3 mm cylinder pressure sensor
- Thread sizes: M10x1, M12x1.25, M14x1.25
- Various heat ranges, spark positions, and electrode spacing possible
Eight optical probes acquire combustion radiation in targeted areas of the combustion chamber. The acquired light intensity is conducted through optical fibers to highly sensitive optical amplifiers and converted to a voltage signal. The flush-mounted position of the pressure sensor ensures a high-quality signal, even when knocking occurs and at high engine speeds. The heat range of the spark plug and the knocking behavior in the combustion chamber are unchanged thanks to a minimal dead volume.
Sicherheits- und Warnhinweise – PE & PR Sensoren
Safety and warning information – PE & PR sensors