Information on traffic volume and load plays an important role in long-term infrastructure planning, traffic safety improvement and road maintenance optimization. The Weigh In Motion (WIM) system KiTraffic Statistics from Kistler is the ideal choice for automated real-time traffic data collection. The compact system consists of a WIM data logger, sensors and pre-wired components that can be installed in all road surfaces quickly and easily.
These systems help refine infrastructure planning, optimize road maintenance, and improve traffic flow uniformity. Moreover, Kistler's high-precision quartz crystal sensors effortlessly cope with adverse weather conditions and high traffic speed.
Traffic data collection with Weigh In Motion (WIM) system KiTraffic Statistics:
- Reliable and accurate measurement of vehicle loads
- Enrich count & classify data with weight information
- Easy installation in all road surfaces
- Maintenance-free, even during long-term usage
- Quick and easy to install thanks to pre-wired system components
- Simple integration into existing ITS solutions
- Compliant with COST 323 & ASTM E1318-09
Automated traffic control simplifies the maintenance planning process and significantly reduces costs.