Lineas quartz sensors for Weigh In Motion (WIM) / 9195G
Lineas quartz sensors measure wheel and axle loads to determine the vehicle gross weight under rolling traffic conditions. The sensors are installed in the road pavement and provide highly accurate measurement signals.
Main features / advantages
- Quartz technology
- High measurement accuracy and long term stability
- Compliant to OIML R134 (accuracy class 2)
- Robust sensor design for long term durability
- Measurement at any speed (from 1 to over 250 km/h)
- Insensitive to temperature fluctuations
- Quick and easy installation into road pavement
The Lineas WIM sensor is a force sensor with quartz elements specially designed for measuring wheel and axle loads of road vehicles. The sensor is installed permanently into the road. When a force is applied to the sensor surface, the quartz elements yield an electrical charge signal proportional to the applied force. The sensors of Type 9195GC require an external charge amplifier (Type 5163A, included in WIM Data Logger Type 5204AC). The charge amplifier converts the electric charge into a proportional voltage signal which can be further processed.