Lineas Compact quartz sensors for Weigh-In-Motion (WIM) / 9196A
Lineas Compact quartz sensors measure wheel and axle loads and determine the vehicle gross weight under rolling traffic conditions. The sensors are installed in the road pavement and provide highly accurate measurement signals.
- Quartz technology
- High measurement accuracy and long term stability
- Cost-efficient WIM performance
- Robust and slim sensor design for long term durability
- Measurement at any speed (from 1 to over 250 km/h)
- Insensitive to temperature fluctuations
- Quick and easy installation into road pavement
The Lineas Compact WIM sensor is a force sensor with quartz elements specially designed for measuring wheel and axle loads of road vehicles. Lineas Compact sensors are optimized to deliver cost-efficient traffic data collection. When a force is applied to the sensor, the quartz elements yield an electrical charge signal proportional to the applied force. The sensor requires connection to the Kistler WIM Data Logger. The WIM Data Logger converts the electric charge signals of all Lineas Compact WIM sensors into wheel, axle and gross vehicle weight and derives vehicle classification information. One WIM Data Logger can cover up to 4 lanes. Note: Lineas Compact WIM sensors are only available with Kistler WIM Data Logger and suitable electronics to ensure best sensor performance.