Bridge protection thanks to preventive monitoring
Overall, Kistler offers three approaches to protecting bridges
Before a bridge is identified as critical:
- Traffic data collection with Weigh In Motion: traffic loads have a direct impact on bridge lifetimes – so traffic load analysis is an important tool for calculating a bridge's current life expectancy.
- Structural Health Monitoring: strain gauge sensors, accelerometers and many more technologies from Kistler are optimal solutions for monitoring changes in a bridge's structural behavior – so faults are detected at an early stage.
Once a bridge is identified as being critical:
- Preselection of overloaded/heavy vehicles with Weigh In Motion: identified trucks are advised to a detour route.
Bridge protection plays a key role in protecting the transport infrastructure. Systems for automatic weight control (Weigh In Motion) are suitable for use before bridges. On the bridge itself, systems such as KiTraffic Statistics and selectively placed sensor technology from Kistler for continuous condition monitoring are used.
- Certified complete systems including data processing and evaluation
- Precise, automatic recording of traffic data while vehicles are traveling
- Preselection and access restriction for overloaded vehicles
- Weight-based toll collection and usage-based maintenance